Thursday, September 25, 2008

Characteristics of a King.........

Sorry about the delay; when one is sick, one does not care what happens after working all day as a Social Worker which is a tough job.

Yes, you are so right. It is very hard for one who has been raised in a democracy to understand kings and kingdoms. That is why I wanted to post what I have learned about kings and kingdoms.

Characteristics of a king are (won't give all of them in one shot): First, they are never voted into power; they are inherent from birth. He is king by birthright and cannot be voted out of power. He can be killed and the power taken from him in the world system; however, that is not what The King intended.

A king cannot be voted out of office or depart due to term limits. A dictator may be brought down by an uprising or other violent means. The King of Heaven reigns by sovereign right of creation. He will never be voted out of power. Nor will He ever be dethroned. We read about a possible ursurper named Lucifer and he failed; oh, how he failed. We read in Revelation 11:15b
as follows:

The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign for ever and ever.

Okay. A king's authority is absolute. Authority that is inherent to his kingship. Therefore, the king's word is law. The king's word is law so rewards follow obedience; severe penalties follow disobedience.

A king owns everthing in his kingdom or domain. Kingdom comes from king and domain. No one in a democracy owns the country. Dictators act as though they own everthing and acquire it by fraud, theft, and corruption. A king, on the other hand, personally owns everything in his domain. A kingdom is the only form of government where the ruler owns everthing and everyone. We read in Psalm 24:1 as follows:

The earth is the Lord's and everthing in it, the world, and all who live in it. And in Psalm 50:10 we read, Every animal of the forest is Mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills.

One final thought for today....
A king's decree is unchanging. A democracy can change, amend, revise, or revoke; dictators do whatever they want when they want to without consulting anyone. However, once a king issues a decree, it cannot be changed; not even by the king himself. Remember Daniel? Darius had issued a decree and sealed it with his seal. When he discovered that he had been trapped, he himself could not change it. Rather he had to believe that Daniel's God would protect him from the lion's in the den.

On a lighter note, did you know that minerals play a very important part in one's health? After being sick for 10 or so days, the health store called to say that the minerals I had ordered had arrived. As I drove across the street to get them, I sensed in my spirit that I should take a double dose of them immediately. That is when I started to feel better an hour or so after taking them.

Dosing doubles that day and the next, my symptoms fled and I started to gain my energy and the desire to do what I needed to do once more. Just a health bulletin; LOL

1 comment:

Kate-uhh said...

Gammy,
Glad to hear you're feeling better! The minerals really are important; my chiropractor recommended them after I had that cramp in my back that left me feeling paralyzed.

He said the reason why we need a supplement is because we don't allow flooding anymore, so our vegetables and fruits and grains don't get the minerals that come from the mountains and whatnot. As a result, the only way to get these trace amounts of minerals we need is to take a supplement from the sea, like something based on Seaweed.

I brought them with me, and I still take them when my bed is too hard to provide a comfortable sleep.

Love ya,
Kati